DAY 2: YOGA - JUST BREATHE
Yoga is so beneficial for the body, mind and soul, plus ANYONE can do it. Conscious breath is the basis of all yoga, it helps you to stay in the present moment, to let go of the past and the future and release any stress or anxiety, any resistance you’ve been holding onto. So don’t worry if you’re not super flexible, all you need to do is breathe??.
There are so many great yoga studios and online options. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Brassy Buddha in Westfield (if you’re local to The Oils Room)
- Glo.com (Elena Brower is my favorite instructor and fellow oiler)
- Yoga with Adriene on YouTube (check out her free 30 Days of Yoga program)
Last but not least, be sure to enhance your practice with oils. The possibilities are endless, but here are my favorites from the basic starter kits and the Yoga Kit, for those looking to expand their collection.
STARTER KIT OILS
- BREATHE - Great for the start of your practice to open the airways and connect more deeply to your breath. Add a drop to your palms and cup them over your nose. Close your eyes and inhale deeply for a few breaths or apply it over your heart.
- BALANCE - apply to neck, over heart or bottoms of feet for a more grounded practice and to promote relaxation.
- FRANKINCENSE - Apply a drop of to your temples or third eye during savasana or meditative type practice.
- ARISE (Enlightening Blend) - Inspires you to rise to the challenge and accomplish your goals with courage and happiness
- ANCHOR (Steadying Blend) - Helps to restore balance and stillness in your life, helping you feel rooted and grounded
- ALIGN (Centering Blend) - Inspires a sense of peace, self-acceptance and purpose