DAY 2: YOGA - JUST BREATHE
Yoga is so beneficial for the body, mind and soul, plus ANYONE can do it. Conscious breath is the basis of all yoga, it helps you to stay in the present moment, to let go of the past and the future and release any stress or anxiety, any resistance you’ve been holding onto. So don’t worry if you’re not super flexible, all you need to do is breathe??.
There are so many great yoga studios and online options. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Brassy Buddha in Westfield (if you’re local to The Oils Room)
- Glo.com (Elena Brower is my favorite instructor and fellow oiler)
- Yoga with Adriene on YouTube (check out her free 30 Days of Yoga program)
Last but not least, be sure to enhance your practice with oils. The possibilities are endless, but here are my favorites from the basic starter kits and the Yoga Kit, for those looking to expand their collection.
STARTER KIT OILS
- BREATHE - Great for the start of your practice to open the airways and connect more deeply to your breath. Add a drop to your palms and cup them over your nose. Close your eyes and inhale deeply for a few breaths or apply it over your heart.
- BALANCE - apply to neck, over heart or bottoms of feet for a more grounded practice and to promote relaxation.
- FRANKINCENSE - Apply a drop of to your temples or third eye during savasana or meditative type practice.
- ARISE (Enlightening Blend) - Inspires you to rise to the challenge and accomplish your goals with courage and happiness
- ANCHOR (Steadying Blend) - Helps to restore balance and stillness in your life, helping you feel rooted and grounded
- ALIGN (Centering Blend) - Inspires a sense of peace, self-acceptance and purpose
DAY 1: GOOD MORNING!
Set the tone for your entire day by creating a 1-2 minute ritual to do right when you get out of bed. Keep a bottle of Peppermint and Wild Orange on your bed stand or in your bathroom. Every morning, put a drop of each in your palms, rub them together and inhale 2-3 times.
As you do this, think about something or someone you appreciate or are thankful for or maybe you have an intention that you like to recite to yourself. What if your mornings are a whirlwind trying to get everyone out the door and the whole idea of trying to think of something just seems stressful? I've got you covered - jot down a few things on a piece of paper that always make you smile and keep that next to your oils.
Give it a shot, I'm willing to bet that you’ll feel happy, energized and ready for whatever the day has in store. You might even notice that those things that tend to annoy you or push your buttons might not bother you so much anymore.
Making you a priority
Fitting self-care into our daily routine is a struggle for so many of us, but it truly is the basis for our happiness. Making self-care a priority allows us to be the best version of ourselves - to feel balanced, be present in the moment and truly enjoy life, but it also helps us to remain strong to handle those inevitable bumps in the road. Here are 30 ideas centered around the five areas of holistic wellness, highlighting oils and products that are included in the basic kits that most people get started with. My hope is that you will find some favorites to add into your daily routines - to be inspired to fuel your body, find balance, nourish your soul, get active and ditch the chemicals.